Preview the widely popular business software with this download
- Category Operating Systems
- Program license Trial version
- Version Preview 16.0.3823.1005
- Works under: Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7
- Program available in English
- Program by Microsoft
Microsoft Office is the leading word processing and editing program in the world, and you can now download a free trial of Microsoft Office 2016 to see all its amazing features for yourself.
When you need to write a paper for school, create a project for work, or apply for a new job, you need a program that not only lets you write down your work but also check your work for mistakes. Microsoft Office 2016 comes with a built-in grammar and spellchecker. Turning on this feature will put green lines under grammar mistakes and red lines under spelling mistakes. You'll never again make embarrassing mistakes that cause you to lose out on a good job or get a bad grade in school.
The Tell Me box is the newest addition to the program and one of the best additions too. If you have problems inserting a picture or making other changes, you can simply type what you want to do into that box. Instead of giving you complicated instructions or bringing up a new window, this feature will automatically do what you want to do.
Microsoft Office 2016 supports Open Office, which is great for those who work from home and those in telecommuting jobs. As multiple people work on the same document, the document will automatically update itself with those new changes. You can see in real time what others do. Keep in mind that to use this feature, you must all work from the same file and that everyone must have an internet connection.
To get the most out of the program, you need to install plugins or pay extra. Some features like One Drive now let you upload your documents to the cloud for permanent or temporary store and allow you to share your documents with others. There are also some new customizing features that let you decide on the colors you want to use around the edges of your documents and tools that let you change the placement of buttons and toolbars.
While Microsoft Office 2016 comes with some great features, it's still very similar to the 2015 edition. Many of the new features available are best for professionals and office workers who do some work from home. You can enjoy some of the same features from free word processing programs, but those programs may have formatting issues when transferring documents to Word programs.
- The best word processing program
- Tell Me offers easy and instant help
- Real time editing shows you changes made by others to the same documents
- Provides access to the Microsoft store for downloading plugins and add-ons
- Can customize the location of toolbars and other elements
- Fairly similar to the 2015 version of Microsoft Office
- Very expensive
- Requires some plugins and add-ons to use all features
- May require an internet connections to use all features
- Only Office 365 comes with extra programs like Excel and PowerPoint